DOE A YAE IV

I was so engrossed in the performance at New Zero Art Space today that I even felt that I want to shout out loud. I was suffocated like I was back to the solitary cell for 28 days at interrogation center in prison. Each time after shouting "Doe A Yae", Burmese Artist Thyitar covered her face with a rubber band. Meanwhile Belgium Artist said "Our Rights", and she also covered her with rubber bands. While they were taking turns to do so, I was praying that rubber bands are used up faster. When I realized myself, I already got teary-eyed. I had to seal my mouth tightly to not cry out. Also when they cut rubber bands from each other's faces, I wanted them to do it quickly to loosen tighten areas on their faces. I recorded this performance because it touched me so. Thanks to Aye Ko and Madam Aye Ko for inviting me to the event. Kyi Khin Min Zaw





This performance was created by Béatrice Didier in collaboration with Thyitar.
In the context of the project Performance Art y Resiliencia, conceived by Elvira Santamaria, hosted by New Zero Art Space.

No comments:

Post a Comment